Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#180138 - 01/05/03 08:25 PM Re: Why does the "Willapa" have float restriction
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

#180139 - 01/05/03 09:01 PM Re: Why does the "Willapa" have float restriction
nutnbutlip Offline
Parr

cfm,

is it possible for you to make your points without being so long-winded. i want to read what you have to say, but if you exercised some brevity and got straight to the point (independent of the topic), your 'points' would get across to a lot more interested readers. maybe i am in the minority here, but i do not have 5 minutes to read each post you make, wish i did.

just my .02 - no offense, i just want to get at what you are trying to say, a little more easily.

nutn

#180140 - 01/05/03 10:25 PM Re: Why does the "Willapa" have float restriction
stilly bum Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SnoCo
The north fork stilly has the same rule above Cisero and I think most people are fine with it. The river is just too small. If it were open to it, I think there would be a race to see who could pull their plugs through the good holes first. I've floated it several times on my "platoon boat" and never felt that I was at a disadvantage stopping to bank fish.
The north fork also has a motor restriction. You wanna whine about that too?

#180141 - 01/05/03 10:30 PM Re: Why does the "Willapa" have float restriction
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

#180142 - 01/05/03 10:38 PM Re: Why does the "Willapa" have float restriction
nutnbutlip Offline
Parr

fair enuf. i find your posts (and of course salmo's) interesting, but i also have 25,000 items in my inbox from the past two years (work-related primarily). i prefer to read about fishing and related issues on the bb, just think some of us would benefit from some straight to the point chat, where possible. unfortunately with the massive amount of reading that i do, i cannot spend as much time as i like hearing (reading) what you and others have to say about what i care about most, that is, fishing.... wink

#180143 - 01/05/03 11:13 PM Re: Why does the "Willapa" have float restriction
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
A couple of coastal rivers with theose regs ... the lower Elwah and the Hoh in the Park.

No homes there in the park so??????????

Just a couple more for ya wink

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#180144 - 01/06/03 03:32 AM Re: Why does the "Willapa" have float restriction
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Use to fish the Willapa lot's.........the rule has been in effect since before I started fishing it, and that was 1969.........can remember walking lot's of miles of the river and never saw many others. Haven't fished it in 12-15 yrs. but remember some fine fishing in the lower parts of the river. Seems to me that "bobber and jig"....would be a great way to fish that river...

"Worse day sport fishing, still better than the best day working"

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#180145 - 01/06/03 11:40 AM Re: Why does the "Willapa" have float restriction
Ihookum Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Rochester WA
The boat ban is one of the reasons I enjoy fishing the Willipa. You can put the time in, hike to a hole and not worry about boats drifting through or getting beat to a slot. Not saying that sleds or DB's are bad, but its a nice change from other rivers in the area.

#180146 - 01/06/03 02:15 PM Re: Why does the "Willapa" have float restriction
LittleZoZo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rochester, WA USA
I agree with IHOOKEM. You'd do well to be carefull what you wish for..... I'd personally be just fine with similar boating restrictions being placed on even more of our rivers. If you want to float from hole to hole, then fine, I do it all the time on smaller rivers and streams, but the "no fishing from the boat" rule serves to put a damper on the conflict between bankies and boat fishermen.... Also, it serves to cut down on added pressure to some of these smaller rivers. Hell, the only reason some of these smaller rivers are worth a damn, is because they have float restrctions, no put ins or take outs, and very, very, limited public access. If you took one of these small rivers, I don't know, we can use the Willapa, since that's what this thread is about...... The Willapa river doesn't even get 250 Steelhead back to the Hatchery in an average year, so you take this small river and you make all of it and make it accessable to the public, opening up all the private lands and taking away any float restrictions. What do you think that's going to do to this or any small river? Take a look at any public access area on any river in this state...... They're Sh!t holes! Trash everywhere! Hell, keep these smaller rivers off limits to as many people as we can, that's what I say! I'll put my time in, get to know the land owners so that I can fish their lands, the who tell me "No" will just have to deal with me using the loopholes in the property laws to access their lands. I probably wouldn't feel quite this way if I hadn't seen first hand what happens when the general public catches on to a small river and how people will absolutely Sh!t all over the resource, keeping Native Fish, littering, cutting fences, etc. I;m sorry Cowfish, but I gotta disagree with you on this one...... Not every river in this state needs to be turned into another Cowlitz.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 360 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |